10 Holiday Gifts Created by Women of Color
Tis' the season, Beauty! While I'm not a fan of the consumerism this time of year brings about, I AM a fan of supporting small, sustainable minded businesses, especially those owned by Black women and Women of Color.
Whether you're shopping for yourself or you loved ones this holiday season, I hope you'll consider purchasing gifts from some of my favorite B&WoC founded beauty and wellness brands. Each product or collection was chosen because I personally use and love it and know that you or your gift recipient will too. Happy shopping!
1. Pink Moon, an inclusive wellcare and community oasis created by women, for women, through every phase of life. I'm obsessed with their Over the Moon Duo, which includes lightweight antioxidant-rich Over the Moon Facial Oil and Gua Sha Tool, made with natural ethically sourced rose quartz crystal. Use code REBECCA at checkout to donate 2% of your purchase to Girls, Inc. Shop Pink Moon
2. Make & Mary, organic, wild-crafted and ethically grown botanicals with intentions to raise vibrations, reduce inflammation, and of course, moisturize! The Wellness Trio Gift Set, which includes Face & Body Serum, Natural Wonder Magic Wand and Calm Personal Diffuser, is a perfect way to discover the calming, soothing, and rejuvenating effects that each product has to offer. Shop Make & Mary
3. She Plants Love, artisan skincare made with all plant-based, organic ingredients rooted in self-love and inclusive beauty. I love that SPL's collection is high-performance, luxury skincare at an affordable price, each of her 3 signature products are under $40. Use code REBECCAC15 for 15% off through December 31st. Shop She Plants Love
4. Dehiya Beauty, a multi-tasking botanical skin care line inspired by Moroccan time-honored beauty rituals for modern womxn. Their Safi Mist, a nutrient-rich blend of floral distillates and botanical extracts, is so uplifting and refreshing. Use code SACREDBEAUTY15 for 15% off through December 6th. Shop Dehiya Beauty
5. Guided Flame Co, a new kind of candle company committed to elevating the mind, body, and spirit through experience and integrity. All of their products are plant-based, hand-poured, reiki-attuned, and sound therapy healed. Each candle comes with a personal mantra card and custom blended organic anointing oil. I adore the A Love Supreme one, but they're all divine! Shop Guided Flame Co.
6. Sesheta Weaves, sound healing and wearable art designed to transmute the lessons of your soul and make the world a better place. I own 2 pairs of Seshet's "Wings" earrings and I love them so much! Use code SHARELOVE, for 20% of any service or item through December 31st. Shop Sesheta Weaves
7. I See You Wellness, handcrafted self-care products designed to shift your moods and raise your vibrations. Founder Mariam Guessous is a gifted healer and spiritual teacher who infuses each product with Reiki in her Brooklyn studio. Use code iamsacred for 20% off. Shop I See You Wellness
8. The Afrominimalist, aka Christine Platt, is a modern-day renaissance woman and author of The Afrominimalist’s Guide to Living with Less. Her book is radical re-envisioning of minimalism that focuses on authenticity over aesthetics and a total game changer! Shop The Afrominimalist
9. Savor Beauty, is natural, organic skincare, inspired by Korean self-care rituals and handmade in small batches in Hudson Valley, NY. I've been using Savor for years and the whole collection is incredibly nourishing and effective. The Bight Eyes Kit, featuring best-selling Pumpkin Serum and Caviar Eye Cream, are a great place to start! Shop Savor Beauty
10. Lorraine West, contemporary, statement jewelry that empowers women (such as Beyoncé and Mary J. Blige!) to connect to their own beauty and power. Lorraine's Nipple Bangle Bracelets have adorned my wrist for over a decade and I couldn't recommend her pieces enough. Treat yourself or share with a loved one. Shop Lorraine West Jewelry
When it comes to where we choose to spend our money, it's so important to shop with our values top of mind. I know it can take a time and effort to get to know about new brands and products and I truly hope my guide helped you out!
Do you have questions about any of my recommendations? Drop them in the comments below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll get right back to you. Happy Holidays!